A warm welcome to Lordshill Health Centre -
We are currently accepting new patients
With patient’s needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations
We are pleased to announce the arrival of a new way of getting advice from your GP -eConsult
Please click on the panel above and follow the guidance to see how you can get the quickest and most appropriate care for your problem.
We know that it can be frustrating sometimes getting an appointment that fits is around your life so we have included the following options:
· Ways you can help yourself to manage or improve your symptoms without needing to visit your GP
· Ways you can get professional advice from professionals other than your GP e.g. your local pharmacist
· A way of contacting your GP via an e-consult for either a medical problem or an administrative problem such as a sick note
We really hope that you find this new service of benefit to you, we would love to hear your feedback when you have used it.
GP online services
GP online services allow you to access a range of services via your computer or mobile. Once you have signed up, you will be able to:
- book or cancel appointments online with a GP
- renew or order repeat prescriptions online
- view parts of your GP health record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results
The service is free. Everyone who is registered with a GP can have access to their practice's online services. For more details, speak to Reception and they will give you details on how to join up.
How can I start using GP online services?
Follow the steps below to sign up for GP online services:
1. Tell your GP practice that you would like to start using their online services
2. A member of the practice will then ask you to fill in a short registration form
3. You will have to provide photo ID and proof of address. If you do not have any ID then either a member of staff will have to confirm your identity or you may have to answer questions about personal information in your GP record
4. Once you have signed up, you will receive a letter with your unique username and password and a link to where you can log in
Southampton Health Trainers
Southampton Health Trainers is a free and confidential NHS service that supports adults living and working in Southampton to make healthy lifestyle choices. Health Trainers offer one-to-one or group support around weight management, physical activity levels, dietary support, and reducing alcohol intake.
Telephone 0300 123 3792
You can call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency.
NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice and it's not a life-threatening situation.
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
New **physiotherapy self-referral service, commencing 1st January 2017**
We are pleased to announce that we are taking part in a scheme whereby patients can self-refer for physiotherapy locally on the NHS. No need to make an appointment to see the doctor. If you are over 16 years of age and have a registered GP in Southampton you are able to refer to the MSK Physiotherapy service for a range of muscle and joint problems including neck/back pain, joint pain, strains and sprains. This commences on 1st January 2017. There are two forms below, one paper for those of you who wish to print off the form, complete it and post it to the service and an electronic version to fill in online and email to the address provided. Please read the final page as to booking your appointment following submission.
Physiotherapy self-referral form paper version
Physiotherapy self-referral form electronic version
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
Wheelchair access is via a ramp to the Health Centre. A wheelchair is available for those who find the ramp or steps difficult. Please ask the receptionist. A disabled toilet is available.
Friends and Family Test (FFT) in General Practice
From 1st December 2014, it is a contractural requirement that all GP Practices undertake the NHS Friends & Family Test (FFT). The primary aims of the FFT are to:
1. Gather useful feedback from patients who use our services that can be fed directly to the staff that provide their care in a simple format.
2. Identify areas where improvements can be made so practical action can be taken.
3. Inform current and prospective patients about the experiences of those who use the practice services.
You are able to start giving us your feedback NOW. Please go to "Friend & Family Survey" on the right hand side of this page. Paper copies are also available at the surgery.
Fit note data extraction - Important Information for patients
Practices have received a communication from the Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC) on the extraction and publication of fit note data. The extraction is intended to allow the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to collect data on fit note usage to inform policy development and evaluate the Fit for Work service. For further information Data Extraction Patient Information The data being collected will be fully anonymised and the extraction will take place from January 2016 unless you have opted out from sharing data
(Site updated 19/05/2017)