The practice reception desk is now open
We still encourage all patients who can, to continue to use the phone or our online services.
You will still be asked to make a telephone appointment to be triaged and if the Doctors feel it clinically appropriate you will be offered a face- to-face appointment.
If you do decide to come in, please remember we have made changes to ensure we keep you and our colleagues safe.
Please ensure you:
- wear a face mask or covering (unless you are exempt)
- be prepared to queue, including outdoors
- maintain social distancing both while queuing and once inside
Please do not come in if you have tested positive for COVID-19
We thank you for your patience
COVID-19: Our surgery plans and how this will affect you
If you have had any contact with the surgery over the last week or two, you are likely to have noticed a marked difference in the way things are being done. We have done this to minimise face to face contact between patients and staff, limit the spread of the Covid-19 virus and keep our practice team and patients as well as possible. The information below shows you how we plan to operate over the coming weeks:
Please see the link below in regards to your COVID-19 vaccination status
Making an appointment
- Our GP practice has now moved to a total triage system. This means that all requests for appointments must be made via the phone 02380 738144 or online through our website www.lordshillhealthcentre.nhs.uk ;
- Each request will be passed to a doctor for assessment. You may find that we treat you by phone, by video link, or we may ask you to come to the surgery;
- Access to the surgery premises will only be if you have been asked to do so and there will be clear arrangements discussed with you as to how we can safely do this. Please do not come to the surgery unless you have been specifically asked to do so.
- We may have already contacted you to collect paperwork and prescriptions and we aim to complete this efficiently;
- If you are able to, please continue to use our website www.lordshillhealthcentre.nhs.uk or the NHS App to order your repeat prescription. You do not need to come to the surgery to register to do this;
- If you cannot order your repeat prescription any other way, then you may deliver this through the outside surgery letter box – this can be done without accessing the reception.
- Or by calling our prescription line 02380 742932 between 10:00 – 12:00 Mon-Fri
How can you help?
- Please be patient – our phone lines are very busy;
- Do you have a condition that you can treat at home? If you do then please try to do this with advice from NHS online or your local pharmacist;
- Do you simply need general advice? If you do, can you call 111 for this or visit our website to access E-consult www.lordshillhealthcentre.nhs.uk
- If you think you may have Covid-19 DO NOT go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Use the NHS111 Online service to find out what to do next: 111.nhs.uk/covid-19;
- If you feel you need to see a doctor for non-Covid-19 symptoms then please call 02380738144 and we will discuss your needs;
- Please help the receptionist by giving them as much information as possible and answer any questions they may have. This will help us prioritise calls and have the right clinician call you back.
- Have you nominated a pharmacy for the transmission of electronic prescriptions? This will prevent the need for either you or pharmacy staff from coming to the surgery. The nomination of a pharmacy can be done via your online app or speaking to your pharmacist or GP surgery directly.
- You can e mail the practice at email@example.com
We do anticipate some staff shortages due to isolation and sickness and aim to continue to give you the best possible care at this difficult time. We appreciate your continued support.
We provide comprehensive NHS primary care services to help you manage your health and well-being.
Our aim is to provide a high quality, caring and personal health care service to our whole patient population by:
- Putting our patients at the centre of what we do
- Having a highly qualified and trained multi-professional integrated primary Healthcare Team
- Offering our services in a safe, supportive and suitably equipped environment, using technological advances in healthcare systems for our patient’s benefit.
The NHS App
Need help from your doctor? Contact them via our website for a quick response
We are pleased to announce the arrival of a new way of getting advice from your GP -eConsult